Origins Foster Care is an independent Irish foster care agency that aims to provide a collaborate and supportive approach to foster care. Our therapeutic framework is based on the most up-to-date research and training in the areas of attachment and developmental trauma. We have a strong ethos of respecting and valuing foster carers for what they do and the important role that they play in the lives of the children they are caring for.
We are hiring for sessional fostering assessor social work positions to undertake full foster care assessments.
- Pay: €2400 per assessment, plus mileage and expenses, and a bonus for completing each assessment on time.
- Training: Induction training and supervision provided.
- Location: Nationwide. Home Based.
Summary of Main Duties
- Completion of a Fostering Assessment
- Assessment submitted in final version 20 working days before Committee (or as agreed in supervision to ensure committee dates are met)
- Attending Tusla Foster Care Approval Committee
- Attend supervisions sessions of 1 ½ hours’ x 3 for each full assessment.
- Completion of assessment within 16 weeks of allocation
- Be responsible for submitting all the necessary documents on behalf of applicant with a written receipt from Origins assessment administrator.
- Ensure that all work is recorded appropriately
- Work to a high standard, in line with Origins Foster Care Policies and Guidance, the National Standards for Foster Care, Tusla Policies and Guidance, the Child Care Act 1991 and the Children First Act 2015.
Person Specification, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The Ideal Candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Affinity with the work of Origins Foster Care and help to develop this in compliance with National Standards, Regulations and Policies
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- A high level of self motivation
- Ability to work remotely from a home office
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience as a Social Worker.
- Experience in completing Fostering Assessments desirable
- Professional Social Work Qualification and registration with CORU is essential.
- Additional training in the areas of attachment and developmental trauma and/or a willingness to engage in this training going forward
- Excellent writing and IT skills
- Full driving licence
How To Apply For The Role
If you wish to apply for this position, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications
We are continuously looking for applicants for this role so there is no closing date for applications.
If you would like to find out more please contact Clare Gleeson, Team Leader Recruitment and Assessment on 087 256 5568 or 01 907 9196.